Thursday 29 August 2024

Red Sky

 

I took the dog out for a quick walk by the lake one evening in July and this is what I saw a beautiful sunset

I went up the hill a little to get a better view

The cloud on my right looked like a luminous fish chasing something

The sky well that was something else reflecting in the lake

Just beautiful

Turing around to go back and the cloud over the hill had a pink tinge

The tint dissipated as I walked on

 But one last look at the sunset was needed

Happy Skywatch

13 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I like the fish cloud and also the sky reflection off the water. Beautiful!!

Penelope Notes said...

The water reflection is a puddle of magic. Lovely!

HappyK said...

Beautiful!!

Mary Kirkland said...

Wow, those pictures are phenomenal.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Oh, wow, you were in the right spot. I love how great sunsets can change in just a little bit of time or just by moving a little bit. I love the reflections you captured and the opposite sunsets you got.

Red said...

It's great to get out and wonder around looking at the changes in the sunset.

Jim said...

Fantastic shots.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful sky shots.

MELODY JACOB said...

Wow, what a stunning sunset! Your description really brings those colors and reflections to life. The luminous fish-shaped cloud and the pink tinge over the hill sound magical. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful moment. Happy Skywatch! 🌅 https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/08/protected-by-grace-testimony-of-trust-and-gratitude.html

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Red sky at night, everyone's delight. I saw a similar sunrise when I drew back the curtains the other morning, but with parked cars instead of a lake!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your sky photos! Always so beautiful there. (NewRobin13)

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Love red sky! For a moment I thought the second photo was a reflection photo. Amazing!

-Soma

Linda said...

Gorgeous photos!