Thursday 15 August 2024

More Paragliding

 

Now I forgot about these photos and only just realized I took them the same day and last weeks. Anyway I had taken my 400mm zoom with me to our caravan and noticed they were out paragliding again, this time I felt a bit more prepared for the event

 
They were taking off the hillside about a mile or so away
 
 
There were quite a few in the air
 
 
This guy looks like he is flying in a boat

 
This one reminds me of a shoe


He was turning to begin landing in the nearby camping field

 
Getting lower making his decent

 
at times he seemed to rise

 
then turn again for the final approach

 
I waited around for a few more like this one to come and land but they seem to fly off in another direction or landed later. I will have to see if I can get some more photos on a better day. This one was grey.
Happy Skywatch

7 comments:

HappyK said...

Looks like fun but not for me. :)

Jocelyn said...

Woo-hoo! Great pictures!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Flying boats and shoes, how unusual! Beautiful photos. Glad you had your 400mm with you!

Mary Kirkland said...

I wouldn't do it but I'm sure it's fun. Great pictures.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great job with the zoom lens. I find it hard to follow things in the air.

Jim said...

Fun.

Photo Cache said...

Yikes, some may find this fun.

Worth a Thousand Words