Tuesday 24 June 2014

How to build a Tower Crane


The other day I noticed a mobile crain on the building site nearby where I work, not unusual.  I thought they were putting up the steel frame of the building

Then I noticed a frame near the crane and realized they were going to put up a tower crane
I missed the next stage to get a photo of and the cab was in place when I got the next photo
You can see the guy checking things out in the cab
But they were still lifting concrete blocks
So if you wondered how a crane was held down it's because of a few tones of concrete blocks
Next day it was lifting the rest of the crane in place
That's how they put a tower crane together
That,s not the biggest crane we have had, check out the link if you want to see it.
Taking Part  in Our World Tuesday

No comments: