Friday 30 August 2013

Two More Bridges


As I'm on a bridge theme I thought I'd show you a couple of bridges along the Thames at a place called Radcot.

 This is Radcot bridge which is reputedly the oldest bridge on the Thames which can be dated back to 1200 AD
 It was broken down in 1387 during a battle then rebuilt but damaged again in the wars of the roses and largely rebuilt as it is seen today
This bridge known as the Canal Bridge was built in 1787, there is a third further on along the road past the pub which looks like it runs over a stream. You can see the bridges if you walk the Thames Path.


10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Fascinating history... I wonder how much of the original bridge remains in the reconstructed model? The reflections in these shots are as appealing as the main subject! YAM xx

Mascha said...

Wonderful! I love these old bridges...

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I think the centre section is the newer part. Thanks for the nice comment

Billy Blue Eyes said...

So do I and I feel lucky to have seen them

DeniseinVA said...

Hello Bill, I enjoyed these photos. Lovely old bridges here with some very interesting history.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thank you and thank you for following me

Timur Wilde Photography said...

Great reflections...

Greetings

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thanks Timur,I never noticed the refections, must make sure I get more.

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Two wonderful bridges. My favorite photo is your second shot. Great !
Best regards, Synnöve

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thank you for the nice comment Synnöve