Monday 16 September 2024

Agatha's Birthday


It was Agatha Christie's Birthday on Sunday, easy to remember as my son was born on that day as well. Agatha lived just outside Wallingford at Winterbrook which at the time was in the parish of Cholsey where she is also buried. The statue of her you see was unveiled last year and sits over looking the Kinecroft in Wallingford or Crinny as it is locally known in front of Flint House where Wallingford Museum has a permanent display on her life. No doubt she walked around here at times but then looking at her statue you would have passed her in the street and not known who she was I dare say I did when I used to go to walling ford when I was younger. Now she has no end of visitors getting their photo taken and having selfies taken.

Happy Birthday Agatha

1 comment:

HappyK said...

I've read MANY of her books. :)