Monday 6 March 2023

A Bad Week

 


 I cannot say it has been the best of weeks. I'll start with the photo, it shows me on the shop floor of out factory back in 1983. it was taken by my friend who I worked with from an over head crane. It was a Sunday and we used to come in most weeks and on occasion would fix the broken overhead lights. we sat on the crane by straddling it no H&S then. In the background you can see another guy working, that is another friend Paul who passed away last week.

Last week I found out he had passed away he was 71 the same age as I am. We had served or apprenticeship together  and a couple of years after I finished and left the pace we worked he came to the place you see him in the photo. He worked the rest of his life only retiring last year a few years after I finished. It's no use saying how you feel about it as I feel you all know.

Today  I read that Gary Rossington had passed away. I had the privilege of seeing them at Oxford Poly Tec in the 1970's. They sung all the hits they made at the time and at the end bowed and left. While the concert was going on you got odd shout for Freebird. After the band left the shout became a chant till one person shouted Fuc*ing Feebird. the band cam on to an eruption from the crowd. I heard the most incredible guitar solo I ever heard. I have just listened to the song again it brought back a lot of memories for me. This is Freebird on youtube and is 11mins long.

My Apologies I have removed comments for today but thank you to those of you who made them


Rest in Peace