Monday 30 September 2013

A view from up high


This has been part of my world for the last three years where in my spare time I have been trudging round a building site taking photos of the conversion of an old Hospital. It was my parents world during their working life and the work was more of a tribute to them. These photos are some thing they would never have seen .

 This is Fairmile Hospital as it looks now, my parents worked here most of their life.

 The lived in the village of Cholsey, in the distance you can see Didcot Power station
 And here we look over towards the Town of Wallingford
and last a landmark with can be seen round the area, Wittenham Clumps.
The photos were taken from on top of the boiler house chimney something my parents would have seen every day they went to work. If you would like to see more then check the  link
Taking part in Our World Tuesday

14 comments:

Timur Wilde Photography said...

Very nice photos....wonderful landscape !

Greetings

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Wonderful views on this town and special subjects. Great !
Best regards, Synnöve

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thanks Timur sometimes I feel it's a shame the trees are in the way

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thank you Synnöve The views are great though few people can see them from that place.

Cynthia said...

I was intrigued by your photo of the mental hospital and the fact that your parents worked there, so looked up a history and some photos of the interior. Amazing that it once had 1000 patients! Thanks for inspiring a history lesson!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

The place empoyed a lot of the village and from the surrounding area at one time, a lot of people were sad at it's closeing.

Yoshi said...

Great views in a blue sky (with a bit of clouds). Thanks for sharing.

Fun60 said...

An interesting post. I can now recognise certain key buildings such as Didcot Power station, it makes it all so real.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

It was quite sunny while I was up there

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I did not show where the Thames was where you walked but basically behind me as you look at the Power Station

Indrani said...

Amazing views! Great perspectives that make the shots interesting.

Joyful said...

Lovely views. I love the colour of the brick against the green grass in your first photo :-)

Billy Blue Eyes said...

It has some iteresting views from that place

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Yes I was lucky it was a good day so show every thing up