Wednesday, 15 July 2026

Downs above Blewbury

This week the Downs above Blewbury, not many photos as this was not the main place I wanted to go its at the top of Woodway road and was probably not my best idea in driving all the way up as I felt the car ground out not that I was going very fast but I checked when I stopped and nothing looked amiss

This is the end of the road I went up, carry on walking along the track and you will come to a place called Lowbury Hill

Had to wonder what this was in front of  the gallops but it hold the huge cutting blades of a combine harvester. Mow a days they take them off and tow the thing, I remember as a kid them driving a harvester along the roads and the cutter only took up a small part

I saw the tractor coming up the road after taking my last photo so waited till he went past but he stopped and mentioned I should not be parked here as there are race horses coming up the road. I said I was just going and waiting for him to go. I think he spotted me driving up and came to see what I was doing. The yellow blob you see is the harvester cutting the field

  
 
I stopped to let the race horses by and too the photo as the walked up the road. Next week more photos of where I went next
 
Happy SkyWatch 
 

7 comments:

HappyK said...

Love those clouds!!

Anonymous said...

Nice walk you had there and beautiful skies. Interesting to cross paths with race horses! (NewRobin13)

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful sky pictures.

Jim said...

Great sky.

Photo Cache said...

The clouds are beautiful!

Worth a Thousand Words

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful clouds and sky!! Good thing that you didn't have any damage on the car. I look forward to seeing where you went next.

-Soma

Mary Kirkland said...

You found a few interesting things to get pictures of. I liked them.