Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Oxford Open Doors

 

Some of the places I visited on the Oxford Open Doors even 2026 which I will be showing you for the next few weeks

This was not the first place I went but I had wanted to visit again as it had bee restored

 
It's Rewley Road Swing bridge that goes over the Sheepwash Channel connecting the Oxford canal with the river Thames or Isis as it's called in Oxford 

It used to connect to the old LMS station or Rewley Road station 

Which was beyond the building you see near St Fridewides Square, I used to drive past it going to work each day for around ten tears

End on view of the bridge

Plaque gives a bit of info on it

Two me 5 minuets craning this around moving 85 tons, you nee to be fit to do that 

Sheepwash channel and the rail bridge in the distance is Sheepwash Bridge

Just as we were going a narrowboat came down the channel

Going on up to the River Thames

This was the spire of the church I was going to next taken from the Botley road near the first place I went.

Take Care 


2 comments:

Mary Kirkland said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures you took.

HappyK said...

Love the narrow boat!!