Monday, 5 October 2026

The Botley Road

 

More photos I took round Oxford on my Open Doors visit 

Bike park by the station If you get off the train when visiting the city not doubt you will not help noticing them

 

The Botley road one part most visitors don't really venture but I dare say they notice this lot going on, it's been shut for the last three years die to network rails incompetence. The photo shows it in the final stages before opening which it did the following week

 
 
 The footpath takes you along by the road, this is new
 

The original tunnel was smaller than this

This looks back the other way

The Botley road river bridge

 

Which goes over this river the Thames of Isis which ever you like , they are the same. I used to walk along the footpath by the river to get to Osney where I worked at Oxford Instruments which at the time was a small company

You will always see ducks around on the Thames

 The takes from the bridge looking towards Osney Lock. the building you see to the right used to be a power station

I will leave you with this photo of the old Botley road Rail bridge taken back in 2009 and shows the old footpath through the tunnel I might add trucks and the odd Double Decker bus got stuck under the bridge. the photo was take with a lot of photos around Oxford of places that have now gone so I will show them at a later date.

Happy SkyWatch 

No comments: