Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Hanging around

 

 Finally managed tobget back to our caravan in Wales after all the heat for a couple of days

On the way in I noticed a sign saying BCC parking, I wondered what it meant and looked it up to find it was a paragliding competition 

 
 
High on the thermals

Floating on air

 Turning around

So my wife and I sat down outside after setting up our caravan and watched what was going on

The photos were taken with mu compact zoom so may be a little out of focus 

The parafoils were everywhere

all different colours 

High up on the thermals 

This guy just came into land

Sat floating around

Another coming into land

they turned one way then another

This guy landing had a group of kids running after him

Colours were really vibrant 

There were also a few hang gliders 


 This guy flew past landing in the field behind.
 

 Happy SkyWatch

9 comments:

EricaSta said...

Yes, we watching paragliders on Allgäu this year... it's fantastisc.
Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday

Greetings by Heidrun

Mary Kirkland said...

It's fun to watch them but I would never do it. I don't like heights.

HappyK said...

Amazing. Don't think I could do that though!! :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've only seen a few and they are really fun to watch. I've never seen as many up in the air as what you saw.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

What an amazing happenstance. They are so colourful and fun to watch. Hope you are enjoying a bit of cooler weather in Wales.

-Soma

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, that's quite a site. Perfect for Skywatch!

Photo Cache said...

Nice to photograph, but I don't have the courage to try that, not at this age anyway.

Worth a Thousand Words

Jocelyn said...

Such a fun post.

Nanda kumar said...

Great pictures. Looks like lot of fun.