Monday, 27 July 2026

The Walk back

 

Did I get to Churn Knob  well nearly

There is a wooded area at  the top of Churn Hill where you find this reservoir as there was a crop field beside it I did not feel I should try that way

Not far away this small tractor was parked up beside the gallops

I did look down here to see if there was a way

Churn Knob is that clump you see sticking up over the rape field

Couple of racehorses out for a walk

Time to go back a different path

and it is not long before you come to this part

With a couple of seats, this one has a few memorial plates on it

It's a grand view you get though I think the trees have grown since the benches were placed

You cans see right across to Didcot and beyond 

That was is Blewbury where I started

 

On the other side of the trees you can see better


 Zoomed in to Didcot

The seats are at the top past the trees. the area is an old chalk pit and is now a nature reserve 

I will take my leave with some of the flora growing.

Happy SkyWatch 


No comments: